Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sense and Sensibility

Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen

From Amazon: "The story revolves around the Dashwood sisters, Elinor and Marianne. Whereas the former is a sensible, rational creature, her younger sister is wildly romantic--a characteristic that offers Austen plenty of scope for both satire and compassion. Commenting on Edward Ferrars, a potential suitor for Elinor's hand, Marianne admits that while she "loves him tenderly," she finds him disappointing as a possible lover for her sister."

I only read this book because I felt like I should, at some point, read a Jane Austen. This will probably be the first and last. I wasn't really interested in the plot, and their simplistic and pathetic? lives just weren't that interesting to me.

Finally finishing this book (I started it in late December, and finished it yesterday) means that I can cross number 16 off the list. Sweet!

1 comment: