Thursday, August 30, 2012

August Book Update

Better month for reading, thankfully!

A Little Night Magic - Lucy March. Weird book about 'night' and 'day' magic. It was fast to read, which was a bonus for it, because it wasn't that wonderful. Somewhat.. Sabrina the teenaged witch.

The House on Fortune Street - Margot Livesey. I really liked this book. It was written from four different points-of-view, and it was really well done.

A Painted House - John Grisham. Not a typical law-related book. This was about growing up in the south in the 1950's on a cotton farm. I really enjoyed it.

Beyond Beflast - Will Ferguson. This took a while to read - a true story of Will Ferguson walking the Ulster Way (around Northern Ireland). It was entertaining, although it did drag on a bit.

Black Heels to Tractor Wheels - Ree Drummond. I love the Pioneer Woman and her style of writing. If this is an entirely true love story, then lucky her. Well-written and entertaining.

I am Number Four - Pittacus Lore. Somewhat Hunger Gamesish, but it was really good. Definitely young adultish, but I think I'll read the rest of the series.

That's all for now! On to another month.

No comments:

Post a Comment