Monday, December 3, 2012

November Book Update

This was not a fantastic month for reading books...

Charlotte Markham and the House of Darkling - Michael Boccacino. This book was a bit too fantasy for me, but I read it. Enough said.

Brave New World - Aldous Huxley. This book started off kind of slow, picked up, and then dragged on. I'm not sure how I feel about it! I read somewhere that 1984 is the 'hard, mean' future and Brave New World is the 'softer, happier' version. I'm not sure I want either.

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand - Helen Simonson - I'm glad I finally read this book. It was really good, well-written, entertaining and just overall good! I'd recommend this to someone who wants a light read.

The Year of the Flood - Margaret Atwood - This was a really good book. Technically it's the second of a trilogy (first is Oryx and Crake, and the third isn't out yet). I was so engrossed in this book that I missed my bus stop at work and didn't notice when R sat beside me on the bus.. This is our November/December book club book.

No comments:

Post a Comment