Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hike: Lynn Peak

A few weeks ago, R and I did the Lynn Peak hike. We'd seen signs for it last summer while hiking the Lynn Headwaters, but it seemed a bit off the beaten track. I was talking to a coworker about hikes in that area in early April and took another look at Lynn Peak. I saw a recent comment on one of the hiking sites that said that it was good to hike now. We packed our gear (including R's new backpacking pack!) and headed out. We started hiking shortly before noon, I believe.

The top was a bit of a slog - it was covered in snow and fairly slippery. The view at the top was pretty worth it though!

Yes. That is Vancouver..

Burnaby & Vancouver

panorama of it.. Burnaby - Vancouver
 Stats:
Length: 3 hours, 45 minutes (from sign at trailhead)
Distance: 8.5km
Elevation gain: 720 m (according to this)

I'm not sure I'd do this hike again - the view was nice, but it wasn't an overly exciting trail. It was good as a starter for the year though.

No comments:

Post a Comment