Monday, October 7, 2013

A borrowed lens

Sometime at the end of August, R borrowed a lens from his coworker for me. It was a 11-16 mm f2.8 Tokina wideangle lens, and it was really fun to play with.

Neither of my lenses are wide angle (55mm vs the 77mm of the borrowed), so that was a fun treat to play with. I have an 18-55mm and a 50-200mm, so it was quite different from what I'm used to.
camera + borrowed lens

We headed up to Kamloops for a wedding, and stopped near Shumway lake to try some night photos.

Milky way and the mountain

More Milky Way
Unfortunately, it was quite cold so we didn't stay as long as we would have maybe liked. It was still fun though, and a good use of a different lens, and my tripod and timer. I don't think either of my other lenses would have worked very well, because you wouldn't be able to see enough of the sky to get the same perspective.

Fence near Tranquille on the lake
 I was playing with my camera mostly in manual mode, but I managed to overexpose most of my photos.. Oooh well!
peeling birch bark
 We had a picnic lunch with R's family down on the beach, where we saw otters, loons, grebes and random people..

Tranquille pasture through the SUV window. Nice UV filter!

Adirondacks at Tranquille on the Lake
I enjoyed playing with this lens, and borrowed another similar (12-24mm, f4.0 wide angle) lens to play with for a while. We're heading back up to Kamloops this weekend, so we'll try for some more star photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment