Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer - Mark Twain

From Amazon: " The book starts out with Tom Sawyer, a mischievous boy, just trying to have fun. He plays hooky on a Friday and then has to work on Saturday because his Aunt Polly finds out. Tom doesn't want to work so he convinces other kids to take the privilege of doing his work for him. He even persuades the kids to give him something so they can work for him."

I can't remember if I've read a version of this before - I remember the characters and some of the adventures. Either way, I don't think that I would have read this version, as a young child I don't think I would have understood some of the language. That said, reading it now, I enjoyed it. It was a quick read full of adventure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment