Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Books!

I got a bit bored updating every book with what Amazon says and stuff.. so, for the last few weeks, this is what I've read:

  • My Stroke of Insight - Jill Bolte Taylor. About a neuroscientist who had a stroke. Interesting, but really, she should stick to science and not writing. Her "style" of writing left a lot to be desired.. at least from me.
  • The Skystone - Jack Whyte. I'm not sure how I've never read Whyte's books before, but seriously, they are amazing. Thanks to Mom for lending them to me! This is the first of nine and they are well-written, long, and they definitely leave you wanting more.
  • The Hound of the Baskervilles - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I enjoyed this because it was a full length novel instead of the short stories that I'd read previously.

  • Innocence - Kathleen Tessaro. Another chick-lit. It was definitely not as good as the first one of Tessaro's books that I read, and I wouldn't bother to read another.
  • The Glass Castle - Jeannette Walls. K lent this to me - gotta love friends that share books. She lent me three that I'd never heard of. I can't believe this book is true. That's basically all I can say. It was well-written as well.
  • The Singing Sword - Jack Whyte. Book two. Still so good.
  • Sarah's Key - Tatiana de Rosnay. This book was also from K. It was about France during the war. There's definitely some history here that I didn't know about. Well-written again. I really enjoyed the two different characters and how their stories were laced together.
  • The Eagles' Brood - Jack Whyte. Book three.
  • Room -Emma Donoghue. The last from K. This one took a bit to get into, but once I understood how it was being written, it was really good. 
Well, that's all for now. I think I'll stick to updates like this.. maybe a bit more frequently though.

No comments:

Post a Comment