Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

From Amazon: "This splendid collection of mysteries carries readers back to a gas-lit era, when literature's greatest detective team lived on Baker Street. A dozen of Holmes and Watson's best-known cases include "The Speckled Band," "The Red-Headed League," The Five Orange Pips," "The Copper Beeches," and "A Scandal in Bohemia."

Not a very exciting description.. This book was 12 short stories. I thought they might be a bit dull, but I really enjoyed them. They reminded me of Agatha Christie, but short, sweet and deceiving. I'm currently reading The Hound of the Baskervilles, which is a full length novel about these two characters. I'd recommend this book, because it was quick to read, but very well written.

No comments:

Post a Comment