Thursday, December 8, 2011

Work, work, work, all day long

Exciting update to my previous "should i stay or should i go now" post..

After some wicked "get laid off, don't quit" advice from my parents (seriously. they're fantastic!) I decided to wait it out, see what was going to happen with me saying no to the scary winter work, and see if I could infact, get laid off. Not that getting laid off and having no work is a really ideal situation, but at least that way I can claim EI. Woohoo.

I had a meeting with one of the important people last week, and basically she said that they kind of figured that I wouldn't be comfortable with the work, and that was fine. (Quite thankful for this - means a good reference. I think that being too wimpy to do something is way better than being ballsy and sucking at it/getting hurt.) Unfortunately, given that we're biologists, winter is pretty slow in the office.. so, they'll give me work when they can, and when they have nothing left, they'll get me my ROE, so I can go on the aforementioned EI.

I'm fine with this; obviously I kind of want to leave the company anyways, so she said to let them know if I find anything else, and if not, we'll see about the spring. Work out well for me, other than not having nice paycheques. Oh well. I worked one day last week, and two this week, and then ran out of work.. I had two days off where I spent time with R and went for brunch with some friends, finally got some more Christmas shopping done, and then came home to an email today asking me to come in tomorrow. As much as it kinda sucks to not really know when I'm working next, having some "me" time is really nice.

So. That's where I currently stand. Somewhat, but not really employed. Good reference. Here's hoping that in this time that I have off, I'll be able to find a wicked job in early spring, and go back to having real money.

No comments:

Post a Comment