Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day of the Triffids

The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham 

From Amazon: "This classic sci-fi novel traces the fate of the world after a comet shower blinds most of the world's population. The few with sight must struggle to reconstruct society while fighting mobile, flesh-eating plants called triffids."

I love plants and when I found out that there was flesh-eating plants in this book, I liked it more. I don't normally like sci-fi, but this had enough realistic parts to keep me entertained. I loved the plot, although it did take a bit to get into. R read it too, and really enjoyed it.

I already recommended this to a friend - before I even finished. I've also read The Chrysalids back in grade 10 - both good, but I preferred this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment