Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Raw Shark Texts

 The Raw Shark Texts - Steven Hall

From Amazon: "Not since Fight Club have a I read a book that sizzled with such fierce originality and searing vision as Steven Hall's electrifying debut novel, The Raw Shark Texts. It's a twisting, trippy thriller that tears through the landscape of language, revealing the lurking terrors uncovered in every letter of the written word. Steven Hall swims in the same surreal waters as pop-culture pioneers David Lynch and Michel Gondry, and The Raw Shark Texts deserves to be shelved somewhere between Trainspotting and Life of Pi. It pulls you under like a riptide, leaving you exhausted, exhilarated, and gasping for air."

D read this book, who passed it to R, and eventually to me. I really enjoyed this book - I wouldn't call it a thriller as the Amazon reviewer did, but more of an adventure tale with some seriously bizarre things. This book was slightly confusing in some parts, but it's not the first, and I'm sure it won't be the last time that happens to me while reading..


I'd recommend this to anyone who can handle a sci-fi adventure with a bit of romance thrown in.

No comments:

Post a Comment