Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February Book Update

I started working again this month, so I think the increased number of books finished is entirely related to that.. tons of time alone, on a bus. I also read at lunch, because our office is kind of boring, and we all eat at our desks.

  • A Red Herring Without Mustard - Alan Bradley. This is the third Flavia de Luce book, and I'm still interested. I enjoy that they are fast to read.

  •  Where the Heart is - Billie Letts. Book club book. We refer to this as "Wal-Mart baby" book, and seriously.. The book itself was ok, although not my favourite. It felt like having a baby in Wal-Mart was some sort of wacko "American dream" type thing.. so strange to me.

  • The Bride's House - Sandra Dallas. This book was about three generations of girls and their lives in and around the "bride's house." It was well-written, and I enjoyed it.

  •  Exes and Ohs - Shallon Lester. This book sounded funny.. but it wasn't, really. It was written by a girl, living in New York who apparently did weird things or had terrible relationships. It was more just stupid. Seriously do not recommend, although it was super fast to read.

  • A Study in Sherlock - ed. by Laurie R King and Leslie S Klinger. This was a bunch of Sherlock-style short stories. Some where different versions of Sherlock stories, some where new Sherlock stories, and some just had a similar theme of detective. I don't love short stories, so this took a bit to get through, but I did enjoy it.

  • A Reliable Wife - Robert Goolrick. Twisted story! It was really good, but I can't say much about it without giving important things away. It was totally not what I expected, but that's good.

  • The Happiness Project - Gretchen Rubin. One year to become happier. Gretchen had different resolutions to become happier every month. I enjoyed reading it, and I think that I definitely took some things from it. It made me think a lot more about how my actions and reactions affect other people...

  • Outlander - Diana Gabaldon. Good. So good. One of the main characters in this book sounds really hot, which totally helps, but I can see how so many people love this series. I can't wait to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment