Wednesday, January 4, 2012

C25K - W1D1

Today was the first day of my "Couch to 5K" start to run without killing/hating myself program thing. I found a series of podcasts (1/week for 9 weeks) which tells you when to start warming up, running, walking and the cool down. The music that goes along with it is sort of trancey - which is kind of nice, because it's not music that I know. I'm often tempted to change the song because I want something else. With this, it's not something I know, so I'm not sick of it. Hoping that after 9 weeks, 3 times per week I'll still feel that way so I still get out.

Starting with 60 seconds of running with 90 seconds of walking was pretty relaxed, and while I feel like I could go longer, when D and I started this last year, but around week 3.. it wasn't so fun. I was in pain at the start. Going to continue with the slow buildup, and hope that it works better.

Hopefully blogging about it every day when I finish will keep me motivated to go. Really, really hoping this is the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment