Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January Book Update

I've decided that I'm going to post books monthly, so while I think one of these has already been posted about.. too bad ;). Book club books are in a different coloured font, and the rest are my random books. I'm up for any suggestions too! (S-Carnavale is on hold).

  • The Eagle - Jack Whyte. Book 8/9. Continuing from Clothar the Frank. Not my favourite, but still well written!
  • A Patch of Blue - Elizabeth Kata. This was definitely not my favourite book, and from what I've heard from the other girls so far.. there's a reason why there aren't any copies in the VPL! It touched on racism, but not in a good way..

  • Uther - Jack Whyte. Book 9/9! It only took from late September - early January to finish this series.. although, as you can see, I did read many other things in between. This was probably one of my favourites, because it was written from Uther's perspective, rather than the other side of his family like the rest. It did a fantastic job of tying up all the loose ends.

  • Mini Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella. Girlie chic-lit. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a quick, girly read once in a while too..

  • Through Black Spruce - Joseph Boyden. This was the second Boyden book I've read.. It's not quite a sequel to Three Day Road, but is a few generations past the characters in that book, and they are related. I liked this one much more than the first!

  • The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag - Alan Bradley. The second in the Flavia de Luce mystery books. Well written and quick to read. I'm looking forward to reading more of these.

  • Spiced - Dalia Jurgensen. Book about a pastry chef in  New York. Not really that exciting, but again very quick to read. I don't think I'd recommend it.
That's all for January! February's a short month, but now that I have work (and therefore long commutes), maybe I'll go back to reading more.

No comments:

Post a Comment